Odyssey helps prepare students and families transition through key grade levels because there are social, emotional, and academic changes so big they can affect all aspects of the student and family experience. Odyssey offers meetings for
- the lower elementary students transitioning to upper elementary into 4th and 5th grade in August/September;
- the elementary to middle school students transitioning from 5th to 6th grade in August/September;
- any pre-schoolers transitioning to Kindergarten in January;
- and our middle schoolers transitioning to high school from 8th to 9th grade through multiple meetings – 1st Odyssey meeting January/February, High school meetings January-February, 2nd Odyssey meeting May.
Transition into Kindergarten for preschoolers and families
Odyssey holds an annual Transition to Kindergarten Open House for any preschooler and their family to attend. During this night families are able to learn more about how to prepare their child for Kindergarten, visit a Kindergarten classroom, and have their questions answered about the Kindergarten transition and Odyssey Charter School.
Transitioning to Kindergarten Open House – January 23, 2020 – 6:00 pm
If you missed the meeting, we have many resources available right here:
- Kindergarten Sight Word List
- Kindergarten Sight Word Flash Cards
- GKIDS Parent Brochure
- A Guide for Families on Kindergarten Transition
- Kindergarten Websites List
- Kindergarten Ready to Read Resources – Website Version
- Kindergarten Transition Open House presentation
- FAQ about Kindergarten part 1
- FAQ about Kindergarten part 2
- Let’s go to school! A Guide for FAMILIES on Kindergarten transition
- Vamos a la escuela! Una guia para las FAMILIAS que estan en transicion a Kindergarten
- My Kindergarten Helper
- Preparing your Child with Disabilities for Kindergarten
Transition into Upper Elementary for 4th and 5th grade students and families
Transition into Middle School for 6th graders and families
- La escuela intermedia importa! Una guia para ESTUDIANTES sobre la transicion a la escuela intermedia.
- La escuela intermedia importa! Una guia para FAMILIAS sobre la transicion a la escuela intermedia.
- Middle School Matters! A guide for FAMILIES on middle school transition.
- Middle School Matters! A guide for STUDENTS on middle school transition.
- Middle School Survival Night 6th Grade Transition
Transition into High School for 8th graders and families
Because Odyssey feeds into all 3 county high schools, but is not part of the county system we have some unique transitional challenges. In our first meeting we address course selection including a representative from the Central Education Center (CEC), and graduation planning. In our May meeting we address registration paperwork with our registrar and high school transitional challenges with our alumni panel. On this page we also include flyers for the high school transitional nights which occur between January and February.
- 8th Feb Graduation Planning powerpoint
- 8th Feb Graduation Planning Meeting Agenda and Resource Page
- 8th class placement course recommendation letter
- 8th invite for May Meeting
- 8th May Agenda Transition to High School meeting
- Empieza la escuela secundaria! Una guia para ESTUDIANTES en transicion a la escuela secundaria. (HS)
- Empieza la escuela secundaria! Una guia para FAMILIAS en transicion a la escuela secundaria. (HS)
- High School is Happening! A guide for FAMILIES on high school transition.
- High School is Happening! A guide for STUDENTS on high school transition.
- Dual Enrollment Possible Changes as of Jan 31 2020
More information on the Central Education Center (CEC)
Attention 8th Grade families: We would love to have you attend our first Transition to High School Meeting! We will have Dawn Revere from the CEC come to speak about Dual Enrollment and CEC course options. We will also cover graduation requirements and pathways to graduation. See you promptly at 6pm on Tuesday, February 27th in the Odyssey Cafeteria.
East Coweta High School
Newnan High School
Northgate High School