The Governing Board is responsible for complying with and carrying out the provisions of our charter contract. Our bylaws provide, in full detail, information about the composition of the board, responsibilities, meetings, and other policy and procedural information.
The responsibilities of the Governing Board are:
- Support Odyssey School’s mission and core beliefs.
- Select the school leader and assess the leader’s performance
- Ensure effective organizational planning and sound board policy
- Assist in ensuring adequate resources
- Manage resources effectively
- Heighten awareness about the school within the community
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability
- Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance
For more detailed explanations of those responsibilities, please read the full version of our bylaws. Please note that the bylaws are currently undergoing a revision so that they will be in better alignment with our charter. As soon as the updated bylaws are voted on and approved, they will be updated here on the website.
- Odyssey Charter School Bylaws as of 8/27/15
- Odyssey Charter School Policies and Procedures
- Odyssey Charter School Charter Contract
- Odyssey Charter School FY18 Budget Overview
- Odyssey Charter School FY19 Budget Overview
Prior to submitting a complaint form to the Odyssey Board of Directors, the complaintant should ensure that the issue has been addressed at the school level, with appropriate and sufficient time to enact resolution. The issue should first be addressed following the chain of command respectively: 1) Teacher, if applicable, 2) Lead Teacher, 3) Assistant Principal/Principal, 4) Board member, if warranted.
Please mail the completed form to the President of the Odyssey Board of Directors at:
Odyssey Charter School – Board of Directors
14 St. John Circle
Newnan, GA 30265
or Email it to the Board of Directors – President. The current Board President’s email address can be found on the Board Members page.