Hello Odyssey Charter School Families,
Today I spoke with Frank Perry who is a Strategic Account Specialist with Spectrum/Charter. He told me that Spectrum is offering 60 days of free Wi-Fi (including installation) for teachers, school staff, and student households who need internet so that we can continue to learn. This is an excerpt of the letter that Mr. Perry shared with me to pass along to you.
“CHARTER TO OFFER FREE ACCESS TO SPECTRUM BROADBAND & WI-FI FOR 60-DAYS FOR NEW K-12 AND COLLEGE TEACHERS AND STUDENT HOUSEHOLDS AND MORE
Stamford, CT. – March 13, 2020 – In the coming weeks, many Americans will be affected either directly or indirectly by COVID-19 and Charter is focused on serving and supporting our 29 million customers. Americans rely on high speed broadband in nearly every aspect of their lives and Charter is committed to ensuring our customers maintain reliable access to the online resources and information they want and need. To ease the strain in this challenging time, beginning Monday, March 16, Charter commits to the following for 60 days:
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college teachers and students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps.
- To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Charter will partner with school districts to ensure local communities are aware of these tools to help students learn remotely.
- For eligible low-income households without school-aged children, Charter continues to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, a low-cost broadband program delivering speeds of 30 Mbps
- Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across our footprint for public use. Free Spectrum WiFi Hotspot Map: https://www.spectrum.com/wifi-hotspots.html
- Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.”
Please reach out to Spectrum. If you are not in their “footprint” (area of service), please call AT&T, Comcast or your local smaller provider as many are offering similar assistance. Some of the cellular companies also have assistance with hotspots for connectivity. Please be sure that no fees will be charged, and that you call and end the free subscription at the end of 60 days (unless you hear of an extension with Spectrum) to keep from incurring any cost.
If you have exhausted all avenues please let your students homeroom teacher know so that we can work with you to try to resolve this issue.
Spectrum: 1-844-488-8395 www.spectrum.com
Spectrum Wi-Fi Hotspot Map: https://www.spectrum.com/wifi-hotspots.html
Comcast: 1-877-591-2503 https://internetessentials.com
Xfinity Wi-Fi Hotspots map https://hotspots.wifi.xfinity.com
Thank you and be safe!