School Nurse /Clinic
Phone (770)251-6111, ext. 205
The Odyssey Clinic is open daily from 8:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Our clinic staff consists of a full time Registered Nurse and a Certified Nursing Assistant.
Kelly Sequeira, R.N. – School Nurse
Kirstin Criste – Certified Nursing Assistant
- March 2021 Nurse Newsletter
- February 2021 Nurse Newsletter
- January 2021 Nurse Newsletter
- December 2020 Nurse Newsletter
- November 2020 Nurse Newsletter
- October 2020 Nurse Newsletter
End of the Summer Checklist
- Speak with your child’s doctor to make sure his/her immunizations are up to date.
- Obtain current, signed physician orders for health care and medications that will be needed at school.
- Provide emergency contact information, and update the school with changes as they occur.
- Prepare your child for the changes in school routine as they relate to the ongoing pandemic.
Over the Counter & Prescription Medication
The school clinic can administer OTC medications if parental consent is provided on the ‘Student Emergency Contact/Medical Treatment Consent Form’ that is completed at the beginning of each school year. ALL medications (such as Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl, etc.) must be purchased by the parent and labeled with the student’s name and grade level. Medications will be stored in the clinic and be given to your child as needed throughout the school year.
For prescription medication, a separate ‘Authorization to Give Prescription Medication at School’ form must be completed for each medication that the student takes during the course of school hours. Medications must be in a bottle/container with the original prescription label attached. An authorization form must be signed by both the prescribing physician and the parent before medication will be accepted or administered by the school clinic.
- Student Emergency Contact/Medical Treatment Consent Form
- Authorization to Give Prescription Medication At School – 2020/2021
- Authorization for Self-Administration of Prescription Rescue Medications (Inhaler, Epinephrine) – 2020/2021
- All scholars need a valid ‘Certificate of Immunization: Form 3231’ on file at the school. This is required for the school to be in compliance with the Department of Public Health’s Immunization Requirements for Georgia Child Care and School Attendance.
- Rising 7th graders must meet additional criteria below to begin the new school year.
- Meningococcal vaccinations and changes in vaccination requirements that are effective for the 2020-2021 school year
Handwashing & Hand Hygiene
When done correctly, hand washing is the single most effective way to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. The CDC has short videos you can watch with your children that show proper hand hygiene techniques.
Illness During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As parents, we need your assistance in keeping Odyssey Charter School a healthy, clean learning environment. Since many illnesses have similar symptoms (flu, COVID19, common cold), they can only be diagnosed by testing from a healthcare provider. In order for a student to return to school (prior to the isolation period for COVID-19), they will require a differential diagnosis from a healthcare provider. This includes a negative COVID-19 test and a medical excuse letter with the date they are able to return to school.
Any scholar with a positive COVID-19 test or suspected case of COVID-19 (without a differential diagnosis) will be required to follow the classroom reentry policy listed in the ‘School Protocol for COVID-19’. This policy is based on guidelines from the CDC and GA Department of Public Health.
Please read through the illness guidelines here:
COVID-19 Testing Sites – Please call 1st, these sites may require an appointment for testing.
- Coweta County Fair Grounds Newnan, GA – (800) 847-4262
- Peachtree Immediate Care – Newnan, GA – (770)-400-8410 https://www.peachtreemed.com
- Summit Urgent Care – Newnan, GA – (770) 502-2121 https://summiturgentcare365.com
COVID-19 Specific Resource Links
- COVID-19 Testing Information for District 4 (Coweta County) https://www.district4health.org
- Emory University COVID-19 Symptom Checker https://c19check.com/start –
- Parenting in the Time of COVID https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/healthy-parenting
- CHOA Coronavirus Information and Updates https://www.choa.org/medical-services/wellness-and-preventive-care/covid19
- Resources for Helping Kids and Parents Cope Amidst COVID-19 https://www.aacap.org/AACAP/Families_and_Youth/Resource_Libraries/covid-19/resources_helping_kids_parents_cope.aspx
Other Resource Links
- Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta https://www.choa.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov
- Georgia Department of Public Health https://dph.georgia.gov
- American Academy of Pediatrics https://www.aap.org/en-us/Pages/Default.aspx
- Healthy Schools http://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools
- Common Childhood Illnesses https://www.cdc.gov/parents/children/diseases_conditions.html