School uniforms will be required for the school year. Below please find the approved Dress Code.
- All scholars will follow the Dress Code.
- All uniform polo shirts must have a logo on them. Scholars are required to have 1 black logo polo shirt for field trips, etc. Other polo shirts with logo will be gold or white. The logo polo shirts are only available at the approved vendor, J&R Clothing in Fayetteville, GA.
- All uniform bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts, skorts) are to be khaki or black. These can be purchased from any retailer. Any simple, classic bottom (non-denim and non-cargo) will be acceptable as black uniform pants can be difficult to find. Scholars are required to have 1 pair of khaki pants for field trips, etc.
- Belts in brown or black are required on pants and bottoms with belt loops for 4th-8th graders. Belts are not required for K-3rd graders.
- Please see the Dress Code above for further details.
1307 Highway 85 N
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Odyssey School follows a similar dress code to the Coweta County School System. The complete Dress Code can be found in the Student Handbook. The following is a summary of the dress code approved by the Odyssey Board of Directors:
- No midriff tops, mesh, or see-through garments (shirts should cover the student’s entire torso)
- No pants worn below the waist
- No spaghetti straps, halter tops, muscle shirts, tank tops or sleeveless shirts for either boys or girls; girls may wear blouses that have one inch or more fabric coming down the arms from the shoulder
- No sandals without heel straps
- Athletic shoes should be worn at recess and PE (students without proper shoe wear will not be allowed on any playground equipment)
- No flip flops
- No hats should be worn inside the building (except on specially designated “hat days”)
- No pajamas and/or sleepwear except for approved “pajama days”
- Skirts and shorts should be of appropriate length (at least fingertip length) and worn at the waist level
- No clothing that would be considered disruptive to others (i.e. tobacco ads, alcohol ads, inappropriate language, pictures, or drawings, Confederate flags [if the clothing is deemed by the school director to be displayed in a way that could reasonably be constructed as offensive or disruptive])
Students not abiding by the dress code will be written up; if necessary, the parents of students violating the dress code may be called to bring appropriate clothing to the school for their child; at the discretion of the school director or his/her designee, the student may be provided appropriate clothing for the day to cause the least disruption in class time.
Odyssey currently does not have school uniforms, but will have a school uniform beginning in the 2017-2018 school year.