The date of the upcoming admission lottery has been changed from February 1 to Monday, March 17 at 7:00 pm at the school. All paperwork must be submitted no later than Friday, March 7 in order to qualify for inclusion in the lottery.
This year, Odyssey entered two flag football teams for conference play, Odyssey Gold and Odyssey Black. Odyssey Gold defeated St. Paul 14-12 in the conference tournament semi-final to set up an all Odyssey match up for the conference championship. In the end, Odyssey Black came out on top 48-12.
Thanks to all of the participants in the Odyssey 6th and 7th Grade Science Fair. Congratulations to our 6th and 7th Grade Science Fair winners:
- 1st Place Thad Allen
- 2nd Place Hayden Haskins
- 3rd Place Christian Kerlin
- 1st Place Cameron Williams
- 2nd Place Tyler Hally
- 3rd Place Brenna Lynes
This promises to be the best Odyssey yearbook ever! This year, we are offering the opportunity for families to purchase 1/4 page, 1/2 page or full page personal ads. If you are interested in placing an ad, please click here for more information. If you would like to go ahead and pre-order your yearbook, please click here for the order form.
Odyssey is now accepting Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express cards for payments on Before School and After School accounts. Parents will need to call Amy Richardson at the school 770-251-6111 ext. 207 in order to process these payments over the phone.
We hope to be able to expand this service to cover other expenses within a few months. Please note that there will be a 3% processing fee for each transaction.
If you completed the recent bus survey indicating that you would be utilizing transportation services from Odyssey, an important number of papers will be coming to you on Thursday via your student.
1. A letter indicating the pick up and drop off preferences you listed in your survey and some general bus information. Please note that there are several changes from the tentative bus schedule that was published on the web site. Also, some parents need to confirm information with the school regarding pick up points and morning/afternoon schedules.
2. A set of bus rules. Please sign the bottom of the form and return it on Friday to your child’s teacher.
3. A transportation emergency contact card. This is different from the emergency contact card you completed earlier in the year. It is EXTREMELY important that you return the completed form to your child’s teacher on Friday.
4. 2 bus placards (if you need additional placards, please see Dawn)
5. A tentative bus schedule, with pick up and drop off times.
For your convenience, these forms are available via the links above (a generic copy of the letter is provided for your reference) so you can get a head start on filling them out.
Thank you to everyone who has participated in the My Coke Rewards program. We had racked up over 12,000 points and recently used those points to order two new soccer goals, some footballs, soccer balls and a stereo system for the PE department. You can enter codes from the bottle caps or tear flaps of all Coke products at www.mycokerewards.com and then donate them to Odyssey. More information about this program can be found at www.mycokerewards.com. Note: Please DO NOT send in your bottle caps to the school. They must be entered at home and the points donated. Thank you!
If you use Facebook, please go to www.samsclub.com/boxtops and follow the instructions to LIKE Sam’s Club. They will give Odyssey five box tops (equal to 50 cents) for every person that does this. It doesn’t sound like much, but it really adds up! Please share with all your friends and family and ask them to support Odyssey!
Sam’s Club currently has many products with 6 or more box tops on them. If you shop at Sam’s, be on the lookout for those extra box tops! Remember, the class that turns in the most box tops and labels for education by September 27th will earn a cotton candy party.